APRIL 02, 2015
As promised, GERDVENTURES Travel Blog will not only cover road adventures but it will also feature my love for food. I always make sure that everytime I go to a new city, I try their talk-of-the-town restaurants to see what the fuss is all about.
Tagaytay City has always been my favorite escape city in the Philippines. Aside from the fact that it is only a one-hour drive away from my place, the scenery there is so captivating, the cold breeze just sweeps my feet away and the food is so great. (Everybody must try their local bulalo! I will be posting a blog about this soon!)
I’ve been going to Tagaytay ever since I was a kid, but I was not able to really go around the city that much. So when I got myself a job, earned my own money, and had the ‘freedom’ to do what I want, I decided to go back to this place and try one of the most talked about restaurants in the city, Bag of Beans. I remember everytime we try to get a seat on this restaurant, we always fail to do so because of the long line of people who are also trying to get their chance to check out what Bag of Beans has to offer.
Bag of Beans is the ultimate one-stop restaurant in Tagaytay that specializes in gourmet and all-time favorite Filipino and international dishes. They also serve one of the best freshly-baked breads I ever tasted, homemade pies, and of course, I can not forget to mention their heaven sent freshly brewed coffee.
When I brought my family with me last summer here at Bag of Beans, the first thing that really caught my attention upon entering the restaurant is the interior design. It was so homey and pleasing to the eye.
There are different kinds of seats that welcome the hungry guests of Bag of Beans. For couples who wanted to have a romantic date, they have their gazebos covered with white sheets for privacy. This is usually decorated with Christmas lights to give a sweeter touch. On the garden area, series of wooden tables and chairs are placed for a casual coffee afternoon with friends. My personal favorite is their set-up for family lunches. It makes me feel like I’m home.
Like I said earlier, Bag of Beans offers a wide variety of food and drinks. We went there for a quick dessert stop, and I was not wrong with my decision. With the scorching heat during that time, they really quenched our thirst for a cold treat.
We definitely enjoyed our visit to Bag of Beans, and I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t be the last, considering they also allow pets inside! (Plus points for dog lovers like me!)
- If you are going on weekdays and/or holidays, make sure to do a table reservation. They are always full on the said dates.
- Bring a camera! You’ll fall in love with the place, you’ll regret not capturing your visit.
- Prepare at least Php1,500 for 2 persons. One meal is not enough for a person, you’ll keep on asking for more. (But don’t worry, their prices are reasonable.)
- Visit their bakery when you visit Bag of Beans, they usually hold sales on their pastries but don’t forget to check the expiry date!
- New & Traditional American
- Asian Fusion
- Seafood & Steakhouses
- Table Reservations
- Take Out Service
- Waiter Service
- Outdoor Seating
SCHEDULE, MODES OF PAYMENT & CONTACT DETAILS:
- Breakfast Buffet open from 6:30am – 11am
Price: P395+ per person
- Brunch Buffet open from 11am – 3pm
Price: P495+ per person
- Buffets are served every Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Children from ages 7-10 get a 50% discount.
- Senior Citizens get a 20% discount upon presentation of Senior Citizen’s Card.
Cash and Credit card payments are welcome.
- Address: 115 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West, 4120 Tagaytay City, Philippines
- Operating hours: Mondays – Sundays (6:30AM – 10:00PM)
- Contact number: +63 922 881 8265 for dining & reservations from 6:30AM – 10:00PM.
- For inquiries, message them through their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BoB.Cafe.and.Restaurant.Inc
** Prices and details are subject to change.