One of the many perks of living in the South is having options – A LOT of options – of where to eat. BF Homes, Parañaque is the home of an amazing stretch of bars and restaurants of different cuisines. Before my then-boyfriend, now fiancée (hehe) left for the States last year, we had our last dinner at Bamba Bistro. And yes, definitely had no regrets with this one.
Bamba Bistro is owned by Chef Tina Legarda, who trained with world-renowned chef Mario Batali at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. Her restaurant is known for the homey and chic ambiance that features her family’s recipes for comfort food that is to die for. Chef Tina offers a variety of Spanish, Italian and French cuisines.
The first time I went to Bamba Bistro, it reminded me of one of my all-time favorite movies, Serendipity. They have an al fresco area for smokers and customers who just want to experience the breeze outside (especially during Christmas season). The main dining area is more of an old-fashioned home turned into a restaurant.
Aside from the great ambience this place offers, their menu is spot on! It’s a little bit pricey but I have to say it’s totally worth the price. The unique flavors of everything that we ordered that night makes you wanna go back and try the rest.
The Le Cochon Sliders is my personal favorite. These mini sandwiches are made of crispy pork belly, red cabbage slaw, fried wonton and eel sauce. What brought it all together is definitely the sauce; brought out the Asian flavor of all elements.
This is one of their specials and my pick for my main dish, the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. It is made of asian barbecue chicken, curry fried rice, pomelo salad in honey-patis, coconut, cucumber, wansoy, chilli and shallots. The serving is really big, I had to bring home almost half of it. For me, this was a winner winner.
Of course, my fiancée got another Specials meal that best fits his drinking habit. Haha just kidding, love! The #HangoverKiller bowl is a combination of sriracha fried rice of shrimps, squid, sprouts, chicharo, poached egg, crispy chicken skin and Tamarind sauce. I have to admit, I liked this one better than my order. Anything with crispy chicken skin is a delight for me.
By the time we finished our mains, we weren’t able to reach the end goal – dessert. I was almost bursting full that time and had no extra space for even a bite of anything else. Definitely gonna try it next time; I heard they serve one of the best pizzookies (served ala mode w/ salted caramel ice cream and walnuts) in the South.
For their updated menu, you may check here.
- I recommend that you reserve a table during weekends especially for dinner since this place gets high seating capacity all the time.
- I remember that they only have 2-3 parking slots in front of the restaurant so come early to avoid hassle. There are other parking slots available in the vicinity as well, but you don’t want to get all stressed out before having your meal here, don’t you?
- Menu is a little bit pricey so bring extra cash. You don’t want to miss out on the great food they offer.
SCHEDULE & CONTACT DETAILS:
- Store Hours: Closed on Mondays; 11AM – 10PM from Tuesdays to Sundays
- Address: #55 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
- Landline: (02) 519-7097
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bambabistro/
**Prices and details are subject to change.