It’s been a while since I’ve posted on my blog due to unexpected life circumstances, but now that I’m starting to put myself back together, I’m back on writing.
I’ve been planning to do this food review post for a long time already, and I’m not even having any second thoughts now on whether or not to push through with it because you guys deserve to know how awesome these two food establishments in the South are.
If you’re thinking of passing by the South (FYI: when I say South, I refer to the vicinities of Las Pinas, Paranaque & Alabang), I absolutely suggest that you go to these two heaven-sent establishments to make your trip worthwhile: The Smoking Joint and Outre Manila.
THE SMOKING JOINT
The newest southern style barbecue joint in the South has been making huge clouds of smoke since they opened early 2015. From its name itself, The Smoking Joint cooks their meat low and slow. They even open their store, or as their staff say it, they start spreading the rub at 4:20PM! Witty, I must say.
For steak lovers like me, visiting The Smoking Joint is a must because you can really taste how much they differ from other steak joints. They offer meats that are “simple, authentic, rustic, flavorful, juicy, tender with flavors adjusted for the Filipino palate.” Aside from their main attractions, their side orders are the bombs! Don’t even forget ordering their mac ‘n cheese (P100/order) to complete the experience.
- To see the full menu of The Smoking Joint, click here.
Once you’ve had your main course, I’m pretty sure you’ve saved up some little space on your stomach for a good dessert. Well I got a place for you, and you’ll never regret on trying this dessert haven we have in BF Homes.
Outre Manila, which also opened early 2015, serves quality sangers and home-made liquid nitrogen gelatos. I personally love this place so much because it never fails to surprise me with new gelato flavors every time I come. Each cup of gelato is priced at P150, but this is totally worth it because two people can share in one order (unless you’re a selfish b*tch like me, then you can have all lol).
It’s always a struggle for me to decide what to get whenever I go to Outre Manila and there are new flavors to choose from that’s why it’s a good thing that their management gives free taste to customers who are confused on what to get. Another great thing that I like about this place are their walls. I love the idea that they allow their customers to doodle on their walls using colorful markers. Perfect for children and kids at heart.
- If you wish to enjoy more your meals on both establishments, I suggest that you visit them on weekdays. These are both jam-packed on weekends, especially on holidays.
- Prepare P500/head if you plan on visiting The Smoking Joint and Outre Manila on the same day. But if you plan on splurging and trying out a lot on their menu, P500 wouldn’t be enough… trust me.
- I recommend that you try my personal favorites! For The Smoking Joint, try out their briskets, mac ‘n cheese and dalandan shake. On the other hand, Outre Manila changes their gelato flavors once in a while. If you’re lucky, get their tiramisu gelato!
- If you love taking photos of your food (like me!), prepare your smartphones because what you’re about to have are definitely Instagram-worthy. 🙂
SCHEDULE & CONTACT DETAILS:
- THE SMOKING JOINT
- Store hours: Weekdays – 4:20PM-11:00PM; Weekends – 12:00NN-12:00MN
- Address: #308 Aguirre Ave., BF Homes, Paranaque City
- Telephone: (02) 834-2970
- OUTRE MANILA
- Store hours: Mon-Thurs & Sun – 1:00PM-10:00PM; Fri-Sat – 1:00PM-11:00PM
- Address: #169 Aguirre Ave., BF Homes, Paranaque City
- Telephone: (02) 832-0290
- Instagram: outremanila
** Prices and details are subject to change.